Platypus Australia featured in Avocado Magazine UK, so exciting!
Shop Aztec Collection Shop Retro Hawaii Collection
Avocado Love: Platypus Australia
Platypus Swimwear was only really recently introduced to us but we are already completely in love with this brand and can’t wait to get our minis into their beautiful swimwear for the summer.
Platypus offers everything from bikinis to full body swimwear that is all beautifully designed and UPF 50+ to keep your minis safe and sun-protected in the rays.
The brand has sent us over some brilliant tips for keeping your minis safe in the sunshine this summer!
- Look at your shadow. The sun is at its hottest between 11am and 4pm so limit time in the sun especially if you’re in a hot country. If your shadow is shorter than you, the sun is very strong.
- Stay under cover. If you’re planning a day trip pick places where you know there’s shade. If there isn’t, take an umbrella or pop up tent to provide shade when the sun is at its hottest, or to provide relief from periods under the sun.
- Wear sunscreen. For beach and pools, remember to choose water resistant sunscreen with SPF 50+. Reapply sunscreen regularly (every 2 hours) to stay protected. When applying sunscreen, don’t forget the ears and tops of feet. They burn too but often get overlooked.
- Fun in the Sun. Protect your children from damaging UV rays by investing in UV protective beachwear. There are many types out there, but look for UPF50+ rating as this guarantees the maximum sun protection in garments. UPF50+ rating means that the fabric blocks out at least 97.5% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Accessorise. When you’re shopping, encourage kids to choose the hats and sunglasses they like so they are more likely to wear them. Invest in wide brimmed hats and sunglasses with 100% UV protection.
- Don’t forget fluids. Give your children water at regular intervals so they don’t get dehydrated.
- Talk to them. Explain to older children why they need to be safe in the sun. Encourage good habits at a young age to keep them healthy when they’re older.
- Be prepared. Make sure you’re not caught unaware during the summer months. Put an old changing bag into good use by filling it with necessities to keep your family safe in the sun.
- Don’t be fooled. Just because there is cloud cover, harmful UVA and UVB rays still penetrate through the clouds. Ensure your kids stay sun-safe in the same way as if it were a bright, sunny day.
- Be a good role model. If your kids see you regularly applying sun cream and actively taking care under the sun they’re more likely to follow suit.
Don't forget to take a look at Platypus’ full range.